Monday, November 21, 2011

This is the Kind of Person I’d Hire as My Attorney

Like many of you, I read a lot of blogs, some of which are even worth reading and fewer of which might even be true.

I recently read a blog that says it all about our modern life, the practice of law, being a parent and human values. Think about this when you are sweating your practice:

“Hey, Dad, you’ve got a pretty good job.” “Why’s that, Jere?” “Because it’s air-conditioned, and you can get a root beer whenever you want one.” [Think about that the next time you're sitting in your office cursing a colleague, opposing counsel, a client or a judge: "It's air-conditioned, and I can get a root beer whenever I want one."]

The blog is written by Mark Herrmann, Vice President and Chief Counsel for Litigation at Aon, a risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and human capital and management consulting firm. Herrmann is the author of The Curmudgeon’s Guide to Practicing Law which, while I haven’t read yet, intend on doing so simply because of the title.

Herrmann’s blog, Inside Straight: Things My Son Said is funny and oh so very true.

I commend it to your attention. Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment